mandag den 9. juli 2018

The Eagle Has Landed - April 24

I'll believe it when I see it, I think all morning, but bicycling back from Barnes & Noble, I arrive home just as a truck pulls up. So I will get it today, after all. I notice right away that the crate is bashed up, and that the metal brackets holding the motorcycle and the trailer in place are torn to pieces. The cheapo straps from T. Hansen were worth every penny, though, so damage is limited to some scrapes of paint on the trailer, and a small dent/scrape on the fuel tank. I decide not to get upset about it; a touch of paint will make it look fine again.



Top and sides of crate removed, about to mount sidebags and top box. Local mailman helps get the trailer off.

The moment of truth comes when Kaj gets home from work, and I start up the bike. A quick ride around the block reveals no surprises as far as handling is concerned, and just as well: I have 12.000 miles ahead of me. This is actually my first ride with the MZ/Pav 41 trailer combination, as all previous outings with the little one-wheeler were on the Nimbus. Kaj decides the MZ needs more pinstriping, so the fenders get the stick-on treatment, instead of the disastrous tries with paint that I did at the workshop back home.




World famous Curley's Cafe - and a large oil pump (of two) in the parking lot.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar