mandag den 9. juli 2018

Mechanical Mystery Tour - April 30

Monday, April 30

First chance this time around to eat breakfast out, and I have flashbacks to previous trips, where the third degree interrogation about what I want from the menu and how I want it starts. In a few weeks I may get the hang of it. Then we say goodbye to Mark, and head for the freeway. I think I'll miss this one defining feature of Los Angeles. It's five, six, seven or eight lanes of traffic, the sights along it that makes me wish I had a go-pro camera recording it all, and the slightly scary excitement of being overtaken by locomotive sized trucks on both sides simultaneously. Other details, like the homeless in their ramshackle shelters close to the emergency lanes, are discouraging sight.


Halfway back on Fwy. 605 I see right next to the road the brilliant sign for Western Exterminator Company, which I previously knew only for being used on a record cover. Anyone reading this remember which album that was?


Back in Seal Beach I start fixing some problems the MZ has developed: Root cause for the non-functioning speedometer turns out to be the worm drive down at the rear wheel, the problem to be temporarily solved by mounting a bicycle speedometer. Carb idle adjustment will need expert info from Denmark, and the thread on the front brake lever assembly is toast. Getting parts to fix some of it takes all afternoon, I'm perplexed by the speedometer setup, and - topping off the disasters - the new spray paint on the side of the trailer bubbles up hopelessly. I call it a day and go write blog corrections and updates instead.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar